Intersection of Muşeţelului str. and Belsugului str.
The Calarasi newspaper contains a description of the church: The walls, of monumental proportions, show a rectangular plan, with an unresolved polygonal altar apse with five sides. The consoles have been creased for different reasons in the same pair. The bell tower, over the narthex, has a Baroque volumetric roof, the replacement of which, through the blackboard (in 1929), has captured its charm.
Inside, the coating system comprises of: the straight ceiling over the pronaos; the vault of the altar intersected by curved strips connected to the wall path by means of angular surfaces. The impressive ensemble of mural painting, a true Bible in the pictures, the writings and the news of it, conjures up its history.
To the left of the altar, it is written: "This holy church was painted by my hand Nicolae Badau from Lupsa Mare in the days before our king Frantiscus, and was finished in July 2018."
The exterior of the church is now finalized, and restoration works of the strongly degraded painting will be carried out.
The writing on the nave over the southern entrance and was written to honor the entire community:
"This holy church was painted with the help of God in 1811 at the expense of the whole village of Salciva, being a parish of Ion Gheorghe ... Gligore Samsen's statue Lecturer Constandin Popovici, Giurat Cetina Ghiorghie, Bumeţ Cetina Lazăr, Hodor Iancu, Popa Ianş , Boldicier Bear on ... Philip, Chitor Pascu, Chitor Carpun, Dragan Alicsandru and built in the month of July 26 ... in the days of too much enlightenment to our Emperor Francis the end of God praise, Nicholas Pătruţ.
The construction of the church took 5 years (1807-1812), the painter received 118 florins and bacon costing 5 florins. The iconography of the altar groups the themes of Jesus the Bread of Life, the Vision of Patriarch Peter, the holy hierarchs, the Old Day, the Glory of the Virgin.
Being a newly established parish, since 2008, the parish priest is Tudorache Paul.
The Saint Paraskeva Parish Church is located in the Doi Moldoveni neighborhood, a marginal area of Calarasi, where the inhabitants really needed a place of prayer, silence and peace of mind. It was founded in 2003, but remained with the priest position being vacant and without a place of worship.
The church, dedicated to Saint Paraskeva, is located at the intersection of the Muşeţelului str and Belsugului str, near the County Military Center.
As the parish believers needed the services to be done in their neighborhood, starting with the second half of February 2009, the construction of the St. Lazarus Chapel began, with a month and a half work. The sanctification of the chapel took place on April 11, 2009, on Saturday of Lazarus, the ministry being performed by Bishop Damascene, accompanied by a group of priests and deacons.
On July 15, 2010, preaccession Father Paul Tudorache was received by His Grace Bishop Vincentiu, who gave him the blessing to bring the wooden church, a historical monument from Sălciva, Hunedoara County.
It was not easy for the hunedore to abandon this treasure, "which is one of the most extensive wooden worship places in the whole of Transylvania, and is distinguished by the Byzantine mural painting with baroque influences, a true holy book in colors . The church is on the new list of historical monuments, but its degree of degradation drastically highlights the patina of time elapsed to its detriment (...), but the people of Sălciva village have been left to decide what their heart dictates and almost unanimously decided that it is better for the church to be relocated to Călăraşi, because the Salciva Parish has no financial means to repair, maintain or consolidate the church. "
The church relocation works lasted approximately four months (June - September 2011) and were coordinated and supervised by representatives of the Calarasi Protoieria, the Deviei and Hunedoara Episcopates, the Departments of Culture and Heritage in the Hunedoara and Calarasi counties and the National Commission of Historical Monuments.
The church is included in the list of historical monuments with № LMI 2004 HD-II-M-A-06104.
It is free to visit.
The parish carries out the following activities: monthly, needy families receive aids consisting of food, clothing and medicines. Within the parish, the Christ program shared with the children is constantly being carried on.